Sunday, September 11, 2011

Looking back

I think that this experience of analysing and really paying attention to what I eat has been very helpful. Albeit making me more conscious than before (constantly thinking of proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, calcium etc, at every meal), it has truly allowed me to reflect on my, uh, extremely unhealthy eating habits and understand the importance of healthy eating.

The 3 day diet tracking was very useful as much as I've tried to be honest while recording, it allowed me to 1) realise how much I've been eating (and snacking), and 2) figure out what was wrong with my diet, affecting how I work, my energy levels and my height and weight. Therefore, I was able to resolve and make changes to my future eating habits, such as cutting down on sodium and carbohydrate intake in my food and increasing the calcium intake. In future, it'll be less bread and more uh soy beans and fishes!

In addition, I was really intrigued by the various diets and food choices found on the internet, whilst searching for a healthy diet - one of them being the blood type diet introduced by Dr Peter Adamo. It was really interesting to learn about how different body compositions - such as blood type can affect what kind of food we it - and it's all like our body's working as one huge mechanical system!

However, even though these suggestions may seem rather reasonable, and may actually work for some people, I realised that due to our largely different physiques and habits, these guides may differ and not work for some people, so, like our wise doctor Kwek (Shu Ying) has recommended, a balanced diet is the best type of diet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment